Happy Hana Highway
Take a Private Hana Tour on Maui
For those who want to explore the famous Road to Hana and have a little more time to spend, our Happy Hana Highway Private Tour takes you and your guests deep into Hana and all the way back to Maui’s North Shore. This private tour features all the sites from our Best of Hana Road tour, plus extra sites found further east.
Known for unbelievable beaches, greenery, waterfalls, and ancient sites, Hana and Maui’s east side offer some of the most unforgettable views in the world! If you’re ready to explore, our Happy Hana Tour on Maui will take you where you want to go.
When you choose Maui Paradise Tours, you can be confident you will have a comprehensive, engaging, and meaningful experience led by local guides who know the history of the island. Since you control where you stop, this tour will show you and your private group all the most popular sites on this National Historic Highway in a more personalized way than you will find with other Maui Hana tour companies.
Book your tour and figure out where you want to be picked up – our tour guides can drive and meet you and your guests at one of our pre-determined pickup spots on the island. Don’t forget your sunscreen, bathing suits, and walking shoes!
How to plan your Hana Tour on Maui
Maui Hana tours are one of the most popular activities on the Valley Isle. With an abundance of sites to visit and explore, preparing an idea of where you want to go on your tour will help make for a memorable and comfortable adventure.
Tailor your trip by choosing from our list of preselected sites on the Road to Hana and back. Our friendly and knowledgeable local guides will help you customize your agenda and make the most of your day, while aiding you in exploring each site safely, and pointing out can’t-miss attractions you might not find on your own.
Read on for highlights on some of the stops you can choose to visit on your tour:
- Take a walk and explore black sand beaches Located at the end of a road off the Hana Highway, Wai’anapanapa State Park is a cherished attraction full of adventure and fun. The famous Pailoa black sand beach is one of the most stunning sites on the island, and a perfect place for nature photography and taking in the views. Whether you’re looking to hike, swim, fish, or sightsee, this park is a prime spot for exploration and relaxing in nature.
- Indulge in a fresh, tropical treat No visit or Hana Tour Maui is complete without partaking in the island’s local delicacies. Coconut Glen’s serves up vegan ice cream made from coconut milk in Nahiku, and Aunty Sandy’s serves famous banana bread at her stand on the Keanae Peninsula.
- Walk through an enchanted forest Pockets of rainforest dot the entire island, but the Hana rainforest boasts eucalyptus trees that look like painted rainbows, a favorite attraction of locals and tourists alike. Visit the rainbow eucalyptus trees in a grove along the Road to Hana, or at Keanae Arboretum, where you can check out a variety of tropical plants, fruits, and lush greenery.
- Take in the magic of a 400-ft waterfall Maui Hana Tours are known for waterfalls, and our Happy Hana private tour is no exception. Close to mile marker 19 on the Road to Hana you’ll find “Three Bears Waterfalls,” a magical place with three individual waterfalls to explore. Wailua Falls is one of the most scenic waterfalls to be seen on the Hana Highway and just beyond mile marker 45. Wailua Falls gracefully cascades at 80 feet through a lush setting in the surrounding vegetation. This is easily one of Maui’s most accessible and majestic falls. Waikani Falls is another popular set of falls and very picturesque. You don’t even need to get out of your car to see it. When the falls are at a slow fall rate, you can take a short hike down the road and swim.
- Explore historic Hana town Art galleries, farmers markets, fruit stands, and more. The untouched feel of historic Hana town is unlike anything you’ll experience on the island. For years, the residents and locals have worked to protect their home from over development by real estate investors, helping to create a small-town vibe that is palpable as you walk through central Hana.
- Visit the honu, surf watch, and hang out in Paia Town On your way back from your Hana Tour Maui, stop, eat, and shop in Paia Town, a historic plantation town turned bohemian enclave, full of surfers, shoppers, and locals having fun. Just a few minutes away from the center of Paia is Ho’okipa Lookout, a popular surfing spot where locals and tourists gather to watch the surfers. Down on the sand, be sure to catch the giant green sea turtles, aka “honu” in Hawaiian, as they make their way onto the shore.