Sacred & Cultural Site
This tour offers the Best of the Hana Road with an added bonus a guided tour of the largest Polynesian Heiau (temple) in the world -- 341 feet (104 m) by 415 feet (126 m), with a high front wall rising 50 feet (15 m).
Access to Heiau is weather permitting.
Not many tour companies have access to a sacred Hawaiian Heiau. The Heiau you'll visit has a unique relationship to Maui Paradise Tours LLC - be sure to ask your tour guide about it!
Learn about Hawaiian culture & history, and experience the mana (spirit, power) of the chiefs of old and savor the serenity of this secluded sacred space, while also enjoying the natural beauty of Maui's North-Shore rainforest!
- Fully guided tour of the ancient Polynesian Heiau Temple (largest in existence!)
- Polynesian gardens including the worlds largest collection of breadfruit, a traditional food crop which today is helping address global hunger, and other plants that were brought to Hawaii long ago in canoes that ventured across the Pacific
- Numerous waterfalls and freshwater pools (many suitable for swimming)
- Dramatic sea cliff views
- Giant 300 lb green sea turtles right on the beach!
- Black sand beach
- Lava rock tide-pools suitable for exploration
- Giant surf / expert surfers (in season)
- Bamboo Forests (with optional hiking)
- Naturally "painted" Rainbow Eucalyptus trees
- Views of a "Jurassic Park III" filming location
- Historic plantation town with locally owned shops/galleries/restaurants/grocery
- Ancient farming/fishing village (with Coral Stone church that survived a 33 ft high Tsunami)
- Road-side stands - local fruits, cane-juice smoothies, and amazing Banana Bread!